The 6 differences between Pepsi and Coke!
Everyone has had an argument about which is better but it can still be extremely hard to distinguish between Pepsi and Coca Cola in a blind taste test. Here are some hints and facts to help you out:
1. Sweetness Pepsi tastes sweeter than Coke. Despite having a similar sugar content Pepsi contains more artificial sweeteners so tastes sweeter in your mouth.
2. Carbonation Coke has more ‘fizz’ than Pepsi. When you first take a sip notice this in your mouth. However, when it starts running down your throat Coke has a much smoother feel, whereas Pepsi will maintain it’s fizziness.
3. Taste Coke contains Vanillan, a chemical that tastes like vanilla, but Pepsi has a more citrus and fruity flavour.
4. Buzz! Pepsi contains more caffeine per can than Coke so if you need to stay awake Pepsi is the one to choose.
5. Leave it open for a time The flavour profile of both Pepsi and Coke changes over time, so leave an open can or glass on the side and taste again. Coke will have become watery and bitter, but Pepsi’s flavour will have intensified.
6. Ask or look at the can! If you’ve bought a can from a shop the obvious solution is to check the packaging. If however, you are out, ask your Pepsi or Coca Cola distributor what you are drinking. After all, we want to be drinking our favourite!